We are now back at our new home away from home. For those of you that do not know where i am talking about it is Children's Hospital. Sydney got admitted again yesterday. Last Thursday at the pediatrician's office her hematocrit was 24. Her doctor talked with her GI doc but they did not want to do anything at that time. We actually went back on Friday afternoon for another blood draw. Her crit had come up to 25 so at least it was holding stable. Her doctor wanted to recheck her yesterday so that is why we went in. Her hematocrit yesterday was 22. Her doc drew another lab that was a send off so she wouldn't know the results til today. She said at that time she would call me and the GI doc and discuss what to do. Well we leave the doc's office and go by walmart. Mom was with me so she stayed in the car with the girls while I ran in to get something. While I am in there mom calls me and says that Sydney is throwing up. So here we go again with the wonderful coffee ground vomit. She proceeds to vomit about 5-6 times. After putting in a call to the peds office and waiting several hours to hear anything back I finally got a call back from her ped. She had spoken with the GI doc and they had decided to go ahead and admit her.
So away we go to the hospital, again. They gave her a unit of blood last night and this am her crit is up to 34. They inserted a NG tube last night and started her on gylytely this am to try to get her all cleaned out. They are going to go in at sometime tomorrow and scope her again but this time with her all "cleaned out." Hopefully this time they will be able to get a better look at things and have more of an idea as to exactly what is going on. I just want answers.
If I could write a letter to Santa as for what I wanted for Christmas it would have only one thing on it. And that would be for my baby to be all better. Childrens Hospital is such a great place and has helped many many kids you just never think that one of those kids will be yours. Especially having worked here as a nurse I never thought one day I might be in here with my own children. and this is our 3rd hospitilization this year. ( 1 for Mary Kate, 2 for Sydney)
so please keep us in your prayers right now. pray for sydney to get better and for these docs to be able to figure out what is going on with her. I will try to write more when I know more.
If Al Roker Needs An Intern, I Am Available
1 year ago